If you’ve been working with Visual Studio, TFS and have multiple branches in your project, you probably felt lost at times.
Visual Studio doesn’t hint us about the active branch we’re working on unless we explicitly check the local folders. So, it can quickly become a pain to use Visual Studio when working with different branches, especially you need them open simultaneously (often doing a merge), because there’s no way to tell which branch is active on which instance.
I was just trying to design an object oriented PHP interface to handle basic CRUD* operations in a PostgreSQL Database, and i came up with the idea of using dynamic methods to call the stored procedures. I’ll try to explain what i did here, and how.
This is my first blogging experience, ever. So this post will also mean “hello, blogging world!“.
This will be about a homework given by our Perl lecturer Asst. Prof. Dr. S. Yildirim. He asked us to create a CGI Phonebook script that reads Name, Address and Phone info from a file, And make an interactive script to search or navigate in the phonebook.
In the beginning, i thought i’d read all the info into three different hashes, then i’d navigate/search or do whatever i want in them. While i was implementing, something weird has occured. My hashes had anonymous hashes as keys, instead of the integer “ID” value i read from the text file earlier. In order to catch up with the deadline, i gave up with that hashes stuff, and i decided to just read the file again when i’m searching or listing or whatever i’m doing.